Pages

Sunday, September 6, 2015

Dinner: Tortilla Stack


Mexican food is one of my favorite cuisines, so I like to make tortilla stacks, casseroles, etc. The tortilla stack is very easy and quick when you want to put together a good, simple meal for your family. You can also make this in advance and leave it in the refrigerator for up to two days. You can also mix it up and add your own twist to it. 

Shopping List
1 lb of ground beef (I use 93/7)
1 4.5 oz can of green chiles
flour tortillas (I used about 4)
8 oz tub of sour cream (I used light)
1 tablespoon of taco seasoning
1 can of cream of chicken soup
1 cup of corn (you can omit this if you like, my kids love corn)
2 cups of shredded cheese (I used cheddar, you can use your preference)

Preheat oven to 350

Brown your meat in a large skillet, stirring until it crumbles and is no longer pink; drain. 

Combine meat, sour cream, chopped chiles, soup, taco seasoning and 1 cup of cheese in a bowl. Mix well. Add in your corn (I used frozen).

Lightly spray your 8x8 baking dish with Pam. Spread half your mixture over the bottom of the pan. Put a layer of tortillas on top (I tore mine to fit). Top with remaining mixture and layer tortillas again. Top with 1 cup of cheese. Cover with foil and bake 20 minutes. Remove foil and bake another 20 minutes or until bubbly and golden. 

Other ideas:
You can substitute beef for shredded chicken
You can use green chile enchilada sauce or traditional red enchilada sauce in place of cream of chicken

We love this tortilla stack! My kids ate it up to and they are pretty picky eaters. Enjoy!











No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Images by Freepik