Pages

Tuesday, August 23, 2016

Kinsley's First Day of Kindergarten

Yesterday was Kinsley's first day of Kindergarten... People always told me time flies, boy does it?? I blinked and she was going to Kindergarten. 

Before I know it she is going to be driving... 

I had already planned to have a day with just Kinsley and I before school started (it's her favorite thing). I asked her what she wanted to do and she told me the following:
- get our nails done together
- pick out a dress for the first day
- have lunch together at the Mexican Inn
-get Sweet Frog yogurt

So, that's exactly what we did! It was so much fun.... I always enjoy time with my favorite girl. 

Here are a few pictures from our girl's day....

We had so much fun at lunch and laughed a LOT!



Nails & slushies



Love this girl so much.....



Sweet Frog!


We met her teacher a few days before school started. She got Mrs. Parrish and this is them together on Meet the Teacher night. She seems really sweet. 



Kinsley received this letter and star the night of Meet of Teacher. Kinsley, Beau and I opened it the night before Kindergarten. She was really excited about putting the star under her pillow. She informed me the next morning that the star really did help her sleep better (haha)! 


'Twas the Night Before Kindergarten.......



The next morning everyone got up very early and got ready for the day. Kinsley had requested cinnamon rolls for breakfast, so that's what she got. She was so excited for her first day of Kindergarten. I was excited for her, but also sad to leave my heart at school. 





We all took a picture before taking Kinsley to school. Bryson was still sleeping, so he's not in it. 


You're off to Great Places!
Today is your day!
Your mountain is waiting,
So... get on your way!








We helped her settle in, kissed her goodbye and walked out. She came back out and said, "I didn't kiss Bryson goodbye." So, she kissed him and hugged him, told him she would see him later. And I did not get a picture.. #momfail

After we left, Witten said: "It's a sad day for Kinsley...." I explained that she is happy and having fun... He told me he was actually the one sad. 



She was so excited to see him and Witten after school! I FINALLY got a picture of Bryson in on our first day of school. :)

Beau and I had planned to go eat at Uncle Julio's after the first day of school, so that we could get the chocolate piñata to celebrate her first day. The kids loved it! We had fun and the piñata was really neat. 


They brought the chocolate piñata out and the kids were in Ahhhh! Kinsley got to use the stick to break it open because well... it was her first day of Kindergarten! 


Kinsley loved the strawberries and chocolate. 


Witten loved the blackberries! 

I pray this will be a great year and I am excited to see Kinsley blossom and grow. She is very independent and I think she will thrive. 

And just for grins, here she is on her 2nd day this morning. She was really excited to go back... she wanted me to drop her off today, so that she could walk in all by herself. WHAT....Already??? So proud of this girl.. she is going to do great things! #classof2029














No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Images by Freepik