Pages

Wednesday, February 25, 2015

Chicken & Rice

Okay, so I am linking up with Andrea over at momfessionals for the recipe club. I am sharing a recipe that my grandmother used to make and passed on to our family. It has been a family favorite for many, many years. This recipe is simple, easy, quick and very delicious--a PERFECT meal for a busy, cold night!!! I had planned on making this for dinner last night, so that I would have a picture, but that did not happen. I apologize for no picture.

Ingredients 
 A rotisserie chicken (pull all the chicken off)
4 cups of chicken broth
1 tsp of veggie or olive oil
2 bell peppers, cut into bite size pieces
1 small box of Minute rice (2 cups uncooked)
1 white onion, chopped
1/2 cup low sodium soy sauce
2 tbs flour

Directions
Pull your chicken off the bone and set aside in a bowl. Cook rice according to the directions on the box.  Saute onions & bell peppers in oil. When done, sprinkle in flour and mix. Pour broth back in and cook until it thickens. Add cooked rice, soy sauce and chicken. Heat on med-high about 20 minutes and enjoy. 

This meal has been in our family for as long as I can remember. It's the perfect meal for cold nights, when you're sick or just because! It is delicious and you will thank me for it! 

I also have a really awesome recipe on my blog for baked rice. Check it out! It's definitely a favorite in our house and has been at potlucks I've taken it to. 

Enjoy the rest of your week! 
XOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Images by Freepik