Pages

Sunday, May 3, 2015

Mother's Day Gifts

Mother's Day is less than a week away! I always find it so hard to find the perfect gift and usually end up giving a gift certificate (which I love to receive) or flowers. I decided to come up with a few ideas to share with you. Today I am going to share with you some great gift ideas that I think any mom would enjoy! 

For me, I would love a gift certificate to get my house deep cleaned, breakfast in bed, and to sleep in! :) 



ONE. Pamper Her. 
My mom loves her baths. This is something I must have inherited because I to, love mine. Add a little bit of oil or bubble bath and a glass of wine or Diet Coke, I'm a happy girl! My husband installed a fancy little chandelier above my tub and is working on installing a tv above my vanity area. I can.not.wait! Anyway, back to all the moms. :) 



TWO. Something yummy.
My mom loves a good cake ball or any good cake, pastry for that matter. My husband surprised me with a set from The Cake Ball Company in Dallas, TX. Let me just tell you, they were AMAZING! I think any mom would really enjoy these. 





THREE. Something Cozy. 
Nice pajamas are one of life's simple luxuries. Your bedroom and bed is your sanctuary so you should dress accordingly! Also--moms love pajamas. I've never seen a mom lounging in t-shirt and shorts.  I think with age we begin to appreciate the little things in life..such as nice pjs. 






FOUR. Doing Something Together. 
Experiences are better than material gifts by far in my book. We are all so busy in our lives and it's often hard to carve out time to spend with those that we love. I would be willing to bet that every mom would prefer some quality time over a material gift. Here are some fun ideas for activities you can do together that you'll both enjoy! 


  • Treat your mom (and yourself) to a day at the spa for mani and pedis or even a massage. 
  • Go out for lunch.
  • Schedule a cooking class to take together or a painting class. 
  • Go see a show, movie or play.
  • Spend the day shopping then surprise her with an item you noticed she was eyeing.

FIVE. Fragrance for her and home. 
Who doesn't like to smell nice? I love trying out new scents and the fun part is they all smell different on everyone. I also love having a candle going in my home to make things smell nice. 




SIX. Young Living Premium Starter Kit.
If your mom is into essential oils, order her the premium starter kit. She will love it! 





How do you plan to celebrate your mom? To me, mother's day is so much fun! 

XOXO









2 comments:

  1. Hi Christy! I'm your newest follower via Bloglovin. Thanks for stopping by my blog today! I can tell from your Mother's Day post that we have quite a few things in common! I also enjoy my baths and I use Philosophy products. I just love them! My favorite fragrance was "Inner Grace," but I think they've quit making it and I was so disappointed! So i've reverted back to "Amazing Grace." I can eat quite a few cake balls when they're in my possession, too! I like to make Red Velvet ones when we have friends over. They are usually gone in minutes! Have a great Monday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Laura! Thanks for stopping by. I also make cake balls for events and special occasions. I am normally asked to bring cake balls. Love them! :) Have the best week! :)

      Delete

 
Images by Freepik