Pages

Wednesday, April 29, 2015

What's Up Wednesday--April Edition

Happy Wednesday! Today I am starting a new link up on my blog with Mix & Match Family, The Larson Lingo, and Pinterest Told Me To. The last Wednesday of every month, I will do What's Up Wednesday and answer the questions below. Link up, it's fun to see what everyone is up to..... 




What We Are Eating This Week:
Meal planning is one of my favorite things to do. I sit down and make a "menu" for the week and go to the grocery store. If I do this, it holds me accountable and I have all the ingredients for the meals at home (EVEN BETTER). Sometimes I do have to make a small trip to the store for fresh foods (veggies, fruits, etc). 
Sunday: We ended up eating at The Oasis because we were in Austin at dinner time. 
Monday: Today, we were just off and to be honest... exhausted. We all ate different meals at home. It was a hodge podge of foods. 
Tuesday: 
Wednesday: Grilling out! Steak, roasted corn, cucumber salad and baked beans. 
Thursday: Tacos
Friday: Sausage & roasted potatoes
Saturday: Leftovers

What I'm Reading:
I am currently reading both of these. They are both really good so far. I also have about 4-5 magazine subscriptions that I enjoy reading while on the go, waiting, or just whenever. 

These are currently the ones I subscribe to along with Better Homes & Gardens.



This is the next book I plan on starting:

If you are looking for books to read, check here. This is a very small list, I plan on doing another post soon on fiction and other fun books. I am also doing a list of good, fun children's books. I get asked at least once a week about books I read with my kiddos or if I have any new suggestions. I am a book lover, but especially kids books (perhaps it's the teacher in me?)

What I'm Reminiscing About:
It is almost our 5 year anniversary, so I have been reminiscing back to our honeymoon in Maui. We got married on May 15th, but being a teacher we decided to close out the school year before we went on our honeymoon. It was nice, another school year under my belt and then, we were off to Maui for 11 days of pure bliss. We had so many excursions planned and did so many fun things. We didn't leave a whole lot of room for relaxation, but we had a BLAST! <3 Every time I hear Somehwere Over the Rainbow, I still think of walking the beach of Maui, hand in hand, sipping on wine and listening to the live music from the restaurant. Here are just a few shots from our trip.....

Our view every.single.morning for 11 morning! Ahhh! 


Nothing beats a sunset in Maui! Breathtaking. 

On this day, we got up at 2:45 am and drove to the top of Haleakala to see the beautiful sunrise. Totally worth it. This is us at the top of the mountain. 


Parasailing is one of my favorite water activities. This is us going up! It is so peaceful and serene once you get to the highest point. 


Beau + Christy <3 I can't not wait to go back one day with my family, but also maybe to celebrate 10 years! :)

What I'm Loving:
The awesome weather before our scorching summer heat arrives in Texas. We spend most of our days outside on these days. However, today it is in the 50s and rainy... 

What We've Been Up To:
We haven't really been up to much other than time with the fam. We went to the Dallas Zoo, The Oasis in Austin, Sweet Berry Farms (the kids LOVED it). We have a few trips coming up in the next month or so. 



What I'm Dreading:
There really isn't anything I am dreading... I guess maybe when I start full blown potty training with Witten. I have been doing it here and there, but haven't been real consistent. I do think once I start head on, he will be easy! So, maybe it won't be bad. Kinsley was very easy, so hopefully he will be too. :)

What I'm Working On:
I have been working on getting my Young Living up and going. I am also working on my blog and getting the house organized. The big thing is my kid's closets.... I have boxes and boxes of clothes! YIKES!

What I'm Looking Forward To:
We have 3 trips coming up before July. 1. Our anniversary trip to Chicago! I can not wait to spend some quality time with my husband and see Chicago. That will be one thing off the bucket list and celebrating us! :) 2. We are going on a trip to Colorado in May with Beau's family. We can't wait!  3. Our annual trip down to Galveston... no it's not any extravagant or gorgeous, but we have so much fun. Our family has been going every year since I was 4 years old. We have the best time! We ride the ferry, spend our days at the beach, fish on the pier at night and so much more. It is SO much fun!!!! 

What I'm Wearing Today:
I am wearing jean capri with my Lauren Conrad shirt from Kohls. I love these shirts, they are light and flowy and definitely SPRING. I have my everyday Tiffany ball earrings on and matching bracelet. I got these as a gift years ago from my husband. I wear these almost every single day. They are so versatile and chic. I love them. 


I love these shirts. I am getting ready to buy (this ) and (this.  I love these because they go with almost anything. You can wear them with  ballet flats, sandals or wedges. Super versatile. 




What I'm Excited About:
Again, our upcoming trips!

Spending a few days here with my husband. 


We come back from Chicago and head out on a road trip two days later to Colorado. The kids can't wait to ride the train. 


In June we are going to Galveston with my family. Some of my favorite memories growing up and now passing them down to our kids. It's a BLAST!

What I'm Watching:
I am not really into tv much. I do watch The Voice and Modern Family. That's about it. :) 



What I'm Listening To:
The kids and I have been listening to the Frozen soundtrack a lot. We also like Uptown Funk lately. We have been dancing and singing in the afternoons when I like to call it, "the witching hours". 

What I'm Annoyed By:
LAUNDRY!!! It is never-ending. I will get it washed, dried and folded. Then, putting it away is the hard part, especially the kids. Sometimes it sits on the bench at the end of our bed or on my dresser for days. UGH.....

What I'm Hoping For:


For a POOL in our backyard one day... I LOVE this one, but of course this is fancy and elaborate. It doesn't have to look quite like this. :) One day my friends, one day. :)

What else is new:
There's not a whole lot of new going on at the moment. 

So... What's Up With You? Comment and let me know what you're up to... :) Don't forget to follow me on instagram: https://instagram.com/christyd2010/

STAY TUNED FOR MY UPCOMING GIVEAWAY! DETAILS COMING SOON. :)

Have a great day!


















3 comments:

  1. Definitely sounds like we would travel well together! I love seeing all there is to see and doing fun stuff like waking up at 2:45am and driving to watch the sun rise! That is so fun. And I am dreaming of a pool in the backyard someday too!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I found your blog through What's Up Wednesday and I'm so glad I did. We went to Maui on our 10th anniversary (with kids). Our kids are about the same age difference as yours, but a little older - 11 and almost 13. Also, I used to be a teacher and live in Texas. I'm looking forward to following your blog. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by! It's always so much fun to talk to others and see where others are from. :) How fun! I taught Kinder and loved it! I see you taught high school... not sure I am cut out for that. hehehe.... We went back to Maui when our daughter was one with a bunch of family. It was a blast! Have the best weekend!

      Delete

 
Images by Freepik