Pages

Wednesday, April 29, 2015

No Bake Protein Balls

I found this recipe for No Bake Energy Protein Balls over at The Larson Lingo. I decided to give them a try because we are always trying to add protein to our diet. Witten is normally pretty good, but Kinsley and really Beau & I too are carb junkies. I thought these would be the perfect little snack/treat. They would also be a good on the go snack. I did change up the original recipe a little bit as I got started. 


Ingredients:


1 cup of oatmeal 
3/4 cup of peanut butter (I used Jif Natural)
1/3 cup of honey
1/4 cup of chocolate chips (I used milk, but dark would be good too)
2 tbs chia seeds
1 tbs vanilla

Line a cookie sheet with wax paper. 



Combine all ingredients in a mixing bowl. Stir with a big mixing spoon.


Place on your cookie sheet (lined with wax paper). I used a cookie dough scoop to make the balls. It makes 12-15. You could roll them into an actual ball once you scoop, but I decided to leave them as is.


Refrigerate for about 2 hours. Store in a airtight container, lined with wax paper in the refrigerator. We really enjoyed these little bites of goodness!!! Witten LOVED them and ate 2 full balls. Kinsley has yet to try them, maybe she'll come around. :) 


Enjoy!

If you are like me, you have your little ones helping in the kitchen A LOT! This is an easy recipe for your kiddos to help with. Mine really enjoyed it, but they enjoy helping with anything in the kitchen! Have fun. Let me know if you try them and how you like them! I would also love to hear your variations of the recipe. 

If you are new to my blog, thanks for stopping by!! Feel free to follow along! 

You can find me on instagram: https://instagram.com/christyd2010/








No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Images by Freepik